Patients with Allergic or Autoimmune diseases to donate plasma for research
Inform Your Patients of Benefits
Acceptance and participation in our unique PlasmaLab Donor Program offers your patients many direct and varied benefits, which may facilitate their care with you. The list of benefits and simple eligibility requirements can be accessed from this page.
We encourage you to read these carefully and call us for quick answers to any of your questions. Even better, we invite you to visit our newly renovated facility here in Everett, WA, to learn of the special attention to patient safety and comfort they will experience in our plasma donor program. Please call us with any questions or to schedule a visit.
Some key benefits to your patients participating in our plasma donor program include:
- Generous compensation for each plasma donation.
- Free access by request to any available FDA required, plasma center lab results.
- With every plasma donation you make, PlasmaLab makes its own $10.00 donation to UW Medicine’s Division of Rheumatology and Division of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. Learn more about UW Medicine at www.uwmedicine.org.
- Free allergy skin testing and laboratory results.
- Research and improved diagnostics enabled by your patient’s plasma donation ultimately benefiting all patients, including your patient.
PlasmaLab International, Inc. is licensed by the FDA for the collection of human source plasma for in vitro diagnostic and research purposes.
Patients must meet inclusion/exclusion criteria to be eligible for the PlasmaLab donor program.
Patients must meet inclusion/exclusion criteria to be eligible for the Plasma Lab donor program.
Your patients may be eligible if they present any one or more of the following inclusion criteria.
Key Inclusion criteria:
- High titer auto-antibodies, e.g. RA factor, CCP, ANA, dsDNA, thyroid antibodies, etc. or
- Allergic antibodies by skin testing or RAST, e.g. foods, molds, inhalants, venoms, etc. or
- Viral antibodies, high titer, e.g. CMV, EBV, HZV, etc.
Key Exclusion Criteria:
- History of illicit intravenous drug use.
- Known positivity to HIV or HCV.
- Hematocrit less than 38%.
Patient participation in the Plasma Donor Program is entirely voluntary with no penalty for leaving the program for any reason at any time.
Informing suitable patients of this voluntary program is not considered to be a referral; you are merely informing them of an opportunity with some direct benefits to aid medical researchers.
Ask your patient to complete the brief form on the plasma donor page, OR if you prefer, either you or your patient can call us to discuss eligibility. It’s that simple!