- What personally identifiable information of yours we may collect from you through our website
- How we may use your personally identifiable information
- Limits on how we would share and disclose your personally identifiable information
- Our policy regarding links to third party websites
- Security of our website
- How you can correct and update your personally identifiable information
For information collection and use, you can generally visit our website without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. However, to access certain options and services we may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information and without providing such personally identifiable information, you may be unable to access certain options and services. We (along with our third party partners engaged to provide marketing and advertising on our behalf) collect personally identifiable information about you only if you voluntarily provide it to us and you have the option not to provide any personally identifiable information to us. The following is personally identifiable information that you may voluntarily provide to us and how we use it:
- Surveys. Information obtained from you on web surveys, such as contact information (name and shipping address), demographic information (zip code, age level) and medical condition. We may use this personally identifiable information to provide you with information and services for which you have expressed an interest or that you may find useful based on your answers in a survey. Additionally, we may refer to your personally identifiable information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our website.
- Newsletters. Information obtained from you from your request to subscribe to a newsletter, such as contact information (name and e-mail address). We may use this personally identifiable information to deliver the newsletters that you have elected to receive.
- Registration. Information obtained from you on registration forms used to process your requests for services and information, such as contact information (name, address, e-mail address), password, username or code, age, date of birth, gender, ethnicity and medical condition. This registration information may also be gathered if you register for certain services via fax or mail. We may use this information to send you a welcoming e-mail to verify your username and password, website updates, special offers, notices regarding relevant medical conditions and treatment, or other information responsive to the data that you provide to us. Additionally, we may refer to your personally identifiable information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our website.
- Employment. Information obtained from you on registration forms to process your requests to create an account to access job postings and to post your resume, such as contact information (name, e-mail address, mailing address), password, username or code, employment history and any other personally identifiable information contained in your resume that you post to the website. We may use your personally identifiable information to send you a welcoming e-mail to verify your username and password, for employee and plasma donor recruitment purposes and to respond to your requests for information.
- E-mail Content to a Friend. Information obtained from you regarding friend or family name and e-mail address, if you elect to use our referral service for sending some of our website content to friends and family. We may use this personally identifiable information to automatically send the friend or family member a one-time e-mail inviting them to visit the website. We may store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time e-mail.
PlasmaLab is the owner of all information collected on this website.
You must be 18 years of age or older to submit registration or survey information. If you are under the age of 18 and wish to register to obtain further information or be included in a survey, then your parent or legal guardian must register to obtain the information or to participate in the survey.
Some of our websites may use cookie technology to identify users who have previously visited so the user is recognized upon return, thereby saving them time while on our website. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our website. Once the user closes his/her browser, the cookie simply terminates. If a user rejects the cookie, he/she may still use our website. A cookie may be placed by us, or by vendors or service agencies who work with us or with our partners.
This website may use pixels, or transparent GIF files, to help manage online advertising. These GIF files are provided by our ad management partners. These files enable these partners to recognize a unique file on your web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our website. The information contained in GIF files that we collect and share with our ad management partners is anonymous and is not personally identifiable.
We may track the total number of visitors to our website, the number of visitors to each page of our website, IP addresses, and the domain names of our users’ Internet Service Providers, and we may analyze these data for trends and statistics in the aggregate, but such information will be in aggregate form only and it will not contain personally identifiable data. Such aggregate information is not linked to any personally identifiable information that can identify any individual person.
We may use such aggregate information to analyze trends, administer the website, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may share this aggregate information with our corporate partners and contracted vendors to assist us in operating the website and to enable them to better understand PlasmaLab’s business.
PlasmaLab and its third party providers may employ procedural and technological security measures, consistent with industry practice. Such measures are reasonably designed to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. PlasmaLab may use encryption, password protection, secure socket layers, internal restrictions and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information.
PlasmaLab provides you with the ability to review and correct any of the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us. If you wish to correct any information provided to us, you may update your contact information directly by accessing your account or registration or you may contact PlasmaLab by firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also “opt-out” of receiving e-mails and other communications from us by using the unsubscribe feature included in the e-mails we send.